If during the software update you get this error just after extracting the installation file, you should proceed as follows.
"Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid"
1. Open Run with the Windows key + R hotkey.
2. Enter ‘regedit’ in Run’s text box and press Return to open the Registry Editor.
3. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTInstallerProducts in the registry.
4. Next, right-click Products in the Registry Editor and select Find to open the search window in the shot directly below.
5. Select the Keys, Values and Data check boxes on that window.
6. Then enter FileAudit in the search box.
7. Press the Find Next button. That will find the registry key for the software entered as below.
8. Double-click Transforms to open the Edit String window.
9. Then delete all info in the Value data box, and press the OK button.
10. If the applying transforms error message opens when uninstalling the software, delete Transforms instead by right-clicking it and selecting Delete.
11. Then close the Registry Editor window and restart de server.